Recommended Solo Repetoire
Solo and Ensemble ("S&E") is an extremely important activity - both for the students involved and for Washington High School. The greater the participation in S&E, the better our performing groups become. For the student, the benefits are tremendous:
- They get comments from an outstanding adjudicator on what they do well and areas they could focus on for improvement
- They gain confidence in playing independent or solo parts
- They learn more about different musical styles and how to properly interpret them
- They improve their overall musicality
- They earn the opportunity to be considered for various honors ensembles throughout the state
- They have a great time!